click this button to book your appointment online
fast & simple to use
Planning for cold and flu season with Six Degrees
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"
Acupuncture is very effective at treating the common cold and flu. It can help to strengthen the immune system and prevent these illnesses. It's also very effective treatment when you actually have the common cold and flu because it helps to clear pathogens from the lung system and it can support your body's natural immunity.
Wei Qi (defensive Qi) is what protects us against pathogens. Wei Qi is made up from Qi from the Lungs and the Spleen. Our Wei Qi becomes compromised when we overwork, overeat, with lack of sleep, increased stress, sudden shock, or excess sexual activity. We can nourish and strengthen Wei Qi by strengthening the function and Qi of the Lungs and Spleen.
No one wants to spread a cold or flu. So, please......
Stay home when you feel:
A sudden onset of flu symptoms
- High fever
- Abdominal problems: nausea, cramping, pain
- Extremely shivery & shakey
- Deep exhaustion making it impossible to do simple tasks
Come in & get a treatment! when you feel:
- Regular cold symptoms
- A cough, mild sore throat
- No fever
- Run down
You can support a strong immune system
- Be aware of your thoughts & feelings about the "fear of contagion". Stress weakens Wei Qi. Be an active player in your health.
- Breathe through your nose and not your mouth as much as possible. The tiny hairs in your nose are built in protection against germs.
- Cover your head, neck and throat during the fall & winter months
- Get regular, restful sleep & do your best to eat well and regularly.
- Carry a hanky or sneeze into your sleeve
- Dress warmly: keep your hands, feet, head, and lower back warm
Did you know?...
You can also foods and herbal remedies to prevent and eliminate the common cold & the flu. These remedies are inexpensive and safe to use. Please ask your practitioner for details.